There’s nothing worse than when fifth rate publications or websites put together a bad quiz of the year…so here’s the first round of my one!
Try and complete it without Googling the answers and I’ll give you the correct answers with tomorrow’s round.
Round 1 – The News
- Quote of the year “I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man’s arms” was uttered by internet sensation Charles Ramsey. What was the story?
- Pope Francis because head of the Catholic Church in which month this year?
- Which internet company’s owner bankrolled a genetically created burger this year that cost £250,000?
- The world’s most expensive ever diamond sold this year for £53m but what colour was it?
- In which American city did a pair of Brothers set off a bomb right beside the finish line?
- Judge Raymond Voet held himself in contempt of court after what incident happened in his own courtroom?
- The tattoo artist Vinnie Myers has become famous this year for repeatedly tattooing what?
- “Selfie” entered UK dictionaries this year, but the British word “Shitstorm” is now in which European country’s dictionaries after the word became hugely popular?
- When Thatcher died earlier this year, what number did “Ding Dong the Witch is dead” reach in the UK charts?
- Who said we shouldn’t be sending money to “Bongo Bongo Land” this year?